Who do I contact with other questions about Zika and other mosquito-borne illnesses?

If you have general questions about Zika or other mosquito-borne diseases (such as dengue fever or chikungunya), or want recommendations about avoiding mosquitoes, call Aloha United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline.

If you are ill and are worried you might have Zika, it is important you see a healthcare provider. If you do not have a provider, you can go to a community health center for care. Many of the early symptoms of Zika can be the same as other conditions (like dengue fever or leptospirosis) and require specific treatment.

If you think you might have had Zika or dengue recently, but didn’t see a healthcare provider (or were not tested for dengue by your provider), contact: DOH Disease Outbreak Control Division at 808-586-4586

If you have specific mosquito concerns (on your property or in your community), contact:

  • City & County of Honolulu: 808-586-8021
  • Hawaii County: (East) 808-974-6001 or (West) 808-322-4880
  • Maui County: 808-873-3560
  • Kauai County: 808-241-3306