Who do I contact with other questions about dengue fever?

If you have general questions about dengue fever, mosquito avoidance recommendations, or the ongoing Big Island dengue investigation, call Aloha United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline.

If you are ill and are worried that you might have dengue fever, it is important that you be evaluated by a healthcare provider. If you do not have a provider, please go to a community health center for care. Many of the initial symptoms of dengue can overlap with other conditions that require specific treatment (like leptospirosis); additionally, a small number of individuals with dengue can go on to have severe dengue (see “What is dengue fever?”), and it is important that individuals with dengue be monitored by a healthcare provider to ensure that they are not progressing to severe dengue.

If you think you might have had dengue recently, but didn’t see a healthcare provider (or were not tested for dengue by your provider), contact:

  • Hawaii County: 808-974-6001 or 808-322-4880
  • On other islands: DOH Disease Outbreak Control Division at 808-586-4586

If you have specific mosquito concerns (on your property or elsewhere in your community), contact:

  • Hawaii County: 808-974-6001 or 808-322-4880
  • City & County of Honolulu: 808-586-8021
  • Maui County: 808-873-3560
  • Kauai County: 808-241-3306