Can I get tested for dengue?

If you are at all concerned that you might have dengue, you should contact your healthcare provider and avoid further exposure to mosquitoes.

If you are ill and are worried that you might have dengue fever, it is important that you be evaluated by a healthcare provider. If you do not have a provider, please go to a community health center for care. Many of the initial symptoms of dengue can overlap with other conditions that require specific treatment (like leptospirosis); additionally, a small number of individuals with dengue can go on to have severe dengue (see below), and it is important that individuals with dengue be monitored by a healthcare provider to ensure that they are not progressing to severe dengue.

If you think you might have had dengue recently, but didn’t see a healthcare provider (or
were not tested for dengue by your provider)
, contact DOH (see “Who do I contact with
other questions about dengue fever?